Stuck

So I am stranded in Senai airport now. My flight is delayed from 9 pm to 11.20 pm. Great! And hence I decided to leave something in my blog which is now full with dust. It is time to make it dust free.

After 5 years, to be exact, 5 amazing years in UTP, my under graduate life as a Chemical Engineering student has finally come to an end. Leaving the university was not as easy as I thought. It wasn't just the university, lectures and the tests, but the memories in the university. Once a while, I always like to trigger my brain by recalling the moments in UTP. To remind me that life is not that bad after all.

During the interview I attended few months ago, the interviewer asked me what have I gained throughout the years in UTP. To be frank, I have lost count. I went in as a kid, but came out like a bigger kid with fewer brain cells. Haha. Engineer is tough you know. Maybe others can't see the changes in me, but I can see the transformation. What I used to be, I am no longer the Yu Han everyone used to know.

Glad to know those are positive changes. At least for me, I felt that I am a better person. You might be wondering what was the drive or motivation. I would say it was due to my relationship with the people around me. I shall not go further to touch the private matters. But yes, it is true. People around me taught me how live my life better, especially my loved ones. Be it my family, friends, ex or strangers, everyone played their roles in shaping me to be a more mature person.

There was a time, I always doubt myself for not having much experience in dealing with failures. That one day I might not be able to handle failure and collapse. Yea, I know it sounds crazy, who begs for failures? But failures are so important in life. Because everyone has the instinct to survive, failures will not bring you down but make you a better person. That's why people always say failure is the best teacher. I somehow view it as the driving factor to push people to perform better.

I have learnt that worry too much will just make things worse. To those who don't really know me, I was a born paranoid person. I worry every single things that I am not familiar which causes me hate changes in life. Slowly, I break my own so called "principle" and move out of my comfort zone. I have learnt how to accept changes and I can feel that my world is not longer monochrome. Instead, it has become more colorful than I can ever imagine.

Living in an Asian society, it is socially accepted that RESULTS come first than any other things. Study is the younger generation's duty. Good results guarantee good future. Having this mindset, we always think that our duty as a student is to study study and study because we think that the textbooks and the result slips can bring us up high in the sky. Actually, there are more in life. I have witnessed so many street smart people. People who don't perform in examinations or studies, but doing great in the society. I always believe everyone has their own talent. And most importantly, with the right attitude, I think everyone can achieve their dreams.

Social skill, leadership, creativity and critical thinking are equally significant skills one should have. Don't get me wrong, I am not telling everyone don't care about their results. Results are important, but it is not the only aspect the employers are looking nowadays. The companies need a competent employee who can communicate and promote the products or services, not a walking dictionary or book. But, to the kids out there, just in case you are reading this, study hard! But of course don't forget to play harder! Haha.

Oops, I think the cafe is closing soon. Before that, I want to finish this post by telling everyone that don't be afraid to make mistakes. My SV once told me, "don't be afraid to make mistakes, the worst you will get is scolding". Of course, there are more severe consequences, but she got her points. If you want to be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid. The bitter truth about human is that we will not learn if we did not bang our heads on the wall. Let the failures guide you in life, and make sure you learn from the failures and mistakes, I bet your life will be more awesome than before!

Cheers.

Still stuck in Senai Airport :(

Friday 8 November 2013

Post a Comment

about ME

ok you make it to the bottom, this is just a simple blog where i will hopefully post photos of mine everyday..enjoy..