A Monochromatic View of Hanoi Streets

An unexpected street without any traffic.

The junction near our hotel.

A lady was selling some vegetable.

Motorcycles parked near the market.

An old lady with bicycle.


Train stopped for goods loading.

A Colosseum look alike building, according to the map, it is a post office. 

In the market.

View from the top of whole sale market.


It was the second day and we decided to explore Hanoi town by ourselves. The only vital tool we brought along was a map, a paper printed map. Surprisingly, getting lost wasn't our main concern. Our main concern was the traffic - how to cross the forever-busy streets. It was quite a challenge where you have to be extra alert and brave simultaneously to cross every streets. The traffic in Vietnam is different from Malaysia where they are using right lane instead of left. So, you need to adapt to the flow of the traffic from time to time.

Unfortunately, second day was a rainy day or should I say, the whole week was a rainy week. If you notice my photos, they are a little misty and blur. It was due to the rain and my camera as well. I probably didn't tell you that my auto-focus of my camera is mulfunction. I had to rely on my manual focus throughout the trip which always caused me to fall behind of the group.

Anyway, we managed to go to the wet market, whole sale market, train station, lake and so forth. Visiting the market is the most exciting one. The market was so crowded where we had to squeeze our way through every walk way. Everyone was looking at us in a funny way. They must have the thought that we are some bunch of lost foreigners  To think about it, it was quite an achievement. We walked for the whole day. We search the food using nothing but the map (of course we did ask the recommended places for good food). And the most important thing is we managed to find our way back to the hotel. Exploring the town in rainy and freezing cold weather is probably the thing you don't get to do in Malaysia. It is simply memorable. 


Before we went back to our hotel, we stopped by City View Cafe for some hot drinks. This is the view of Hanoi at night.


Oh yea, before I forget, I was nearly knocked by a motorcycle during that night. There is one thing about the motorcycle in Vietnam, the motorcyclists like to honk to alert the people around which is super annoying. But, if they don't, they are just like a stealth motorcycle. Moving behind or beside you without any sound. When I wanted to cross the road after dinner, I did not notice this particular motorcycle was coming from my left side (my blind spot). So I crossed without any hesitation and suddenly, my gang shouted the longest "Yu Han" I have ever heard. Luckily, the motorcycle managed to stop just beside me. And the thing is, my gang did not even try to push or pull me. All they did was shout at me. They said, I shouldn't be alive that night. Oh well. I survived maybe not because the motorcyclist is skillful nor the shouting, but the brake was in good shape for emergency brake.

Sunday 10 March 2013

Post a Comment

about ME

ok you make it to the bottom, this is just a simple blog where i will hopefully post photos of mine everyday..enjoy..